Permanent Injuries

If you have been injured at work, your employer is required to provide medical care until the doctor has determined that no more treatment is necessary. At this point the doctor will say you are at Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI).

If it is determined that you are permanently impaired or you have lost physical function, you may have a Permanent Partial Impairment (PPI) rating. If you have a PPI rating, you will be entitled to a lump sum of money.

You should contact Greene & Schultz if you have questions about how the PPI rate is calculated or if you have questions about permanent injuries. Our firm is led by experienced lawyers who routinely handle personal injury and worker’s compensation (sometimes called workman’s comp) claims.

PPI Ratings: Why You Should Have A Lawyer Handle Your Case

If you have been permanently injured then you may be entitled to a settlement for your PPI rating. This number is difficult to calculate, so you should have an attorney help you with the process. If you come to Greene & Schultz with your doctor’s report, we can review it for you.

Indiana permanent impairment benefits are low compared to most other states. Therefore, it is very important that you receive an accurate and fair PPI rating since the benefits are paid based on this rating. If you feel that the PPI rating the doctor gave you is too low, you can get a second opinion (but you will have to pay for it).

Very few doctors are trained to give PPI ratings. If you are unsure whether or not your PPI rating is correct or suspect that your rating is too low, you should contact Greene & Schultz for advice.

Call Us To Get Answers To Your Questions

Questions? Contact our firm by calling 812-558-0198 or complete our online contact form. From our office in Bloomington, we handle worker’s compensation cases throughout all of Indiana.