If you are dealing with a personal injury case, it is important that you are informed of your rights to ensure you make the best possible decisions. Our attorneys at Greene & Schultz Trial Lawyers are here to provide you with experienced, trustworthy representation in your time of need. We are committed to giving you the guidance and resources you need to protect your best interests, which is why we have compiled frequently asked questions and answers below.

If you have questions not answered here, contact us today at 812-558-0198 and we will be glad to help.

General FAQ

Will I need to go to trial?

It depends on your unique case. The vast majority of personal injury cases are settled outside of court.

What defines “pain and suffering”?

Pain and suffering is physical injuries and the resulting mental and emotional pain. It can also be defined as the inability to function as you used to before the injury.

What will my settlement amount to?

Your settlement will depend upon liability, damages, and the source of collection. It will also depend on age, activities you can and can no longer do, medical bills, future working ability, injury prognosis, witness testimony, and other factors. Our attorneys know the compensation you deserve and will do everything we can to achieve it for you.

How should I handle my medical bills?

You can’t submit your bills to the insurance company of the person who caused your injuries. You will need to submit them to your own, relevant insurance companies (auto, health, workers comp, etc.). You will most likely receive a lump sum of money once your injuries have been evaluated, and your insurance company may be able to receive a repayment once the case is settled. An experienced attorney can help you navigate your insurance benefits and determine where to send your bills.