Sometimes a serious injury or death is caused by the negligence of a property owner who failed to secure his or her premises, perform proper maintenance or repair a problem on his or her property. Poor maintenance and faulty repairs are preventable issues.
The law requires that certain safety standards be adhered to on private, commercial, and public property. Owners and managers can be held liable when they are shown to be at fault in their actions or inaction.
Were You Or A Loved One Hurt On Someone Else’s Property?
If you or a family member was injured or victimized on someone else’s property, it may be in your best interest to bring a lawsuit against the property owner. At Greene & Schultz, based in Bloomington, Indiana, we litigate Indiana and Illinois cases involving:
- An assault or crime committed in a public place such as a parking garage, hotel, or office building
- A fight that occurred at a public or private event that didn’t have proper security in place
- A fall on a slippery or broken stairway
- A rug or floor that was broken or torn
- A handrail or guardrail that was loose or broken
- An injury on broken or slippery pavement or sidewalk
- An accident in a store or supermarket aisle that was blocked with boxes
- A fall on food or another slippery item on the floor
- A swimming pool or playground injury
Contact Greene & Schultz | We Can Answer Your Questions
There is no single approach to dealing with injuries related to poor maintenance or security. It is essential to have an attorney evaluate your case carefully before choosing any course of action.
Contact us online or call 812-558-0198 to get your questions answered by a lawyer. We offer a free consultation.