Betsy K. Greene—Partner
Email: Betsy Greene | Phone: 812-336-4357 | Fax: 812-336-5615
Betsy Greene began her legal career as a deputy prosecuting attorney with the Morgan County Prosecutor’s Office in 1983 and went on to become a chief deputy prosecuting attorney from 1985 to 1988. She then joined the Nunn & Greene Law Office in 1988 and was a partner from 1990 to 2005. In 2005, Betsy combined her talents with Fred Schultz to form the law firm of Greene & Schultz Trial Lawyers, representing those injured or killed by negligence. Betsy has personally tried over 90 jury trials in her career.
Admitted to practice
- Indiana, 1982
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate
Since 1995, Betsy has been certified in civil trial advocacy from the National Board of Trial Advocacy in 1995. She is currently one of only 40 certified trial lawyers in Indiana.
Ms. Greene is AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest achievable rating. She earned advocate status in the American Association for Justice National College of Advocacy. In addition, Ms. Greene was selected as an Indiana Super Lawyer by Law and Politics Magazine (selected as among the top five percent of practicing Indiana attorneys in a peer review and evaluation process) for the first time in 2004, the first year the survey was done in Indiana. She has been named to that same list every year since. In 2007, 2008, and 2010, she was chosen as a Top 50 attorney in Indiana by the same magazine.
- H.D. v. BHC Meadows Hosp., Inc., 884 N.E.2d 849 (Ind.App.Ct. 2008)
- Meridian Mutual Ins. Co. v. Auto-Owners Ins. Co., 698 N.E.2d 770 (Ind. 1998)
- Indiana Limestone Co. v. Staggs, 672 N.E.2d 1377 (Ind.Ct.App. 1996)
- American Economy Ins. Co. v. Motorist Mut. Ins., 605 N.E.2d 162 (Ind. 1992)
- Pafco General Ins. Co. v. Providence Washington Ins. Co., 587 N.E.2d 728 (Ind.Ct.App. 1992)
- Inman v. Farm Bureau Insurance, 584 N.E.2d 567 (Ind.Ct.App. 1992)
- Davidson, by Floyd v. Davidson, 558 N.E.2d 849 (Ind.Ct.App. 1990)
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, adjunct professor of trial advocacy, spring 2008 semester
- Trial Lawyers College, 2009
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association seminars
- Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum seminars
Trial lawyers standing up for the rights of injured people
For a free consultation with a Greene & Schultz personal injury attorney, call us toll-free at 1-866-685-6800 or contact us online.